Monday, August 26, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Tenders

Everyone in this house loves Buffalo anything.  After some experimenting with different hot sauces my oldest daughter and I think we have perfected what we consider the best Buffalo sauce :-)

Be warned.  It is NOT a healthy recipe but it is SO GOOD!

We start with Frank's Red Hot Sauce.  
This recipe will make around 2 cups of sauce which will coat around 32 frozen chicken tenders.  This feeds our family of 7.

16 Tablespoons of Franks Hot Sauce
Two full sticks of Butter
1/8 Teaspoon onion powder
Pinch of nutmeg
1/4 Teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne pepper (when I don't have Cayenne I use Chili powder)
3 Tablespoons of White Vinegar
2 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste


Mix it all in a saucepan over medium heat while stirring occasionally until the butter is completely melted.  Reduce to simmer.  Typically, while my oldest daughter is mixing the sauce I prepare the chicken tenders.  You can either make your own or buy frozen tenders from your local grocery store.  If I use frozen tenders I put them in the over for the first half of the cooking time.  I then remove the tenders, put them into a large plastic food storage container and pour sauce over them.  I then close the container and gently shake.  Once coated I place them back into the oven for the remainder of cooking time.  Once done I serve with ranch dressing.  Easy and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews