Monday, January 6, 2014

Fajitas anyone?

I love fajitas!  They have become one of my favorite foods over the years but a pain to make. I hated having to saute veggies in one pan while cooking my chicken or beef in another.  Now I don't have to!! I discovered on Pinterest that I can bake all the ingredients in one pan.  Yay!  So I have taken my recipe for fajitas and turned it into a one pan wonder!


2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 1 1/2 lbs steak
Taco seasoning (I use my recipe)
2 cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
2 Large onions sliced
2 Large green peppers sliced (and seeded)
1 Large red pepper (optional)
Flour tortillas
Desired toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, Mexican rice

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut chicken or steak into strips and place in a greased 13x9 baking dish.
In a bowl, combine oil, spices and salt.  Drizzle the mixture over the chicken or steak and stir to coat.  Add the tomatoes, onions and peppers.  Stir all ingredients. 
Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked completely or steak done to your liking and veggies are tender. Spoon onto tortillas and top with your favorite toppings.  Most of all enjoy the easy clean up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews