Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Jesus lives in mommy's house

"We fulfill what we were "meant to be" when God is "recognizable" in our lifestyle."
-Beth Moore, Breaking Free

As a mom, there is nothing more incredible than the warmth of a hug from one of your kids followed by I love you.  At least I used to think there was nothing more incredible until I overheard my kids talking.


The kids and I did not celebrate a traditional Thanksgiving this year as they were not with me.  Instead,  I fixed a special dinner for them on Saturday night.  It was kids choice.  No turkey or mashed potatos but instead the things they "love" that only mom can make.  Everyone was in the kitchen playing a part in the preparation of our feast.  From crescent rolls to chocoalte pie we cooked, laughed and played all hungry at the smell of food stirring in the kitchen.  As I was putting clothes into the dryer down the hall, I overheard my ten year old tell my eight year old that "Jesus lives in mommy's house".  I stopped what I was doing as tears streamed down my face.

I have faced a lot of adversity over the past couple of years.  I have spent much time doubting myself as a mom as well as a wife until that moment.  In that moment I was filled with a great sense of peace. Satan spends so much time trying to convince us of our failures that we often begin to believe the lies. I'm learning that there could not be a greater compliment in the world than his opposition in my life.  If he is trying to bring me down it means that I am definitely doing something right.  Those words spoken by my daughter signified that for me.


You see, people can try and bring you down.  They can attempt to take your kids, friends and family away but God is always victorious.  He never loses and because He never loses, I will not lose.  No matter what happens, I have won a million times over because my children know their mom loves Jesus and that He lives in her house.

1 comment:

  1. This brought me to tears Nicole! Thank you for posting :).

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews