Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful

This morning as I made my way to work, I was listening to Bob and the Showgram which is a local morning radio show.  They are in the middle of doing their yearly radiothon for the Pediatric Brain Tumor foundation.  As I turned on the radio I caught the beginning of one of the stories from a mom of a child who suffered with a brain tumor.  As I listened I was well reminded of how incredibly blessed I am.  


Though the past few years have been hard, those years are nothing compared to what many parents face every day with children fighting some form of cancer.  My issues pale in comparison.  


As I drove to work in tears I thanked God for His amazing grace.  Life has been hard but my children are healthy.  Time spent in a court room is nothing when you compare it to the heartache and pain of having to watch your babies suffering and in pain on a hospital bed.  


So today I am thankful...



  • For a faithful God who has provided in every way possible in my life.  From His immeasurable grace to His unconditional love and everything in between.
  • For the many opportunities in which He has allowed me to see Him move in my life and walked with me as I took such giant leaps of faith. 
  • For all five of my awesome kids who are healthy, thriving, very smart and who love me.
  • For my incredibly beautiful home which includes a sidewalk lined with rosebushes :-)
  • For a job that I couldn't love any more! A place where I can laugh, be myself and relax.
  • For all the new friends that God has placed in my life and for the blessing they each have been to me throughout the past few months
  • For an incredible church family 
  • For my family
God is good and every day He proves to be better than the day before.  Life is hard and we all struggle but once we realize that there is always someone else who is probably struggling much more than ourselves, we are then able to appreciate how truly blessed we are. 

Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:18




No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews