Sunday, February 20, 2011

The day after the drama

Yesterday was traumatic and the kids handled it well in the end.

Today we took a walk on the golf course to get a closer look at the damage done and just how close it had come to our home.

Let me say, that I was shocked. It was probably better that I hadn't seen just how close it truly was to our house yesterday.

My ten year old had gone to investigate the smoke when we first noticed it yesterday afternoon. He witnessed the fire shoot down the course within minutes. Seeing the damage helped me to better understand his fear yesterday. He was certain our house was going to burn and it is truly by the Grace of God that it did not.

I am in awe daily of God's faithfulness in our lives right now. He has made it abundantly clear that His hand is upon us and He is protecting us in so many ways.

We have found an amazing church and this morning the kids walked in with a different attitude. They are seeing God move and work in our lives and they are able to celebrate it on Sunday mornings.

This morning I walked into the kids class to find my 10 year old singing and playing the air guitar in his class. This is my "too cool for school" kid, the one who would never find church the "cool" place to be. I really believe God is working in the hearts of my kids.

We got into the car after church and he was giddy with excitement. He said his church was awesome and he loved it! I would like to say that the church is awesome but what he hasn't realized quite yet is that it's awesome because he is seeing God work in his life and getting to celebrate it on Sunday mornings with people who love him.

Sometimes our life takes a turn we would never have expected. Those turns can lead us to places of hopelessness. I am learning through all of this mess though that when we set our sights on things above, our perspective totally changes. God has given me such confidence as to His place in my life and I truly believe, now more than ever, that my God is for me! With God for me, then who could ever stop me or stand against me? My God is awesome!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews