Friday, July 22, 2011

Ruby Red Dead

So we are dealing with a monstrous heat wave.  Heat index reaching 115.  This heat is killing our cars.  Mine died yesterday.  Thankfully it was decided that it was not "her time" to go just yet.

Yesterday in the late hours of the afternoon, Ruby (my car) died.  Her poor battery was drained.  It was fried. At first there was success with the use of jumper cables.  She was revived for a couple of more start ups but her time was limited.

I took the kids and met up with friends for dinner last night at Chick-fil-A.  We spent several hours chatting while the children played. I shared my story of the suffering battery.  Thankfully when it came time to leave Ruby's battery decided to run and we were able to make it home.

A few hours later I received an email from my dinner friends saying that they wanted to buy Ruby a battery.  I was overwhelmed.  What a way to minister to this single mom of five.  It was a HUGE blessing and an answer to a prayer.  

This morning when it was time to take my little people to school Ruby wouldn't start.  Due to extreme temperateness,  she just could not take anymore and refused to start.  She had had enough. One last jump from the neighbors next door? It's all I asked.  I begged her.  I just needed to get the kids to school and then meet my friend who was going to purchase my battery.  A quick prayer, a turn of the key, a little sputter and she started.  Thank You! 

A couple hours later I headed to Advance Auto (after leaving my car running the entire time as to not chance it not starting again) where I met my friend.  My friend purchased  a gold battery and stayed with me while they installed it.  Once said battery was installed it was time to give it a try.  The key was turned, a small sputter and success.  Ruby was revived!!!!

What a blessing!  Another amazing example of God's faithfulness and provision.  I am so thankful for the people that God has placed in my life.  I have never known this type of love and friendship.  I have never experienced the body of Christ working and ministering in my life as I have over the past year.  The past few years have been tough but God has remained faithful. We may not always understand why things happen but He has a plan.  He has worked out my messed up life for His glory.  He is using my life as a way for me to share with others His awesome goodness and faithfulness to His children.  

God is good!!  He is full of compassion!!! He will never leave us!!  His mercies are new every morning!!!! He is faithful!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews