Monday, April 11, 2011

Different Seasons

It is funny how the passions that we have can change over time.  Life takes on different seasons.  We experience different seasons in our relationships, work and church.  But have you ever thought about how your passion for things changes as well?


I used to have a passion for singing.  Not a passion for standing in front of a crowd for attention but instead a passion  to worship God and lead people to His throne.  For me is was my way to express my love for Him.  The thoughts of ever having to give it up was unbearable.  Oh how things have changed.


This is how I now feel about writing.  It has become my passion.  I wake up with the desire to write and go to sleep thinking about what I can write next.  I have a passion to share my story through words.  I have a passion to encourage others through words.  


As I look back now I can see how God used my singing to prepare me for writing.  I sang with a group.  I did not like singing alone.  I was insecure and lacked confidence.  Toward the end of my time of singing, God stretched me and I sang my first solo.  Little did I know it was not to prepare me for a life of singing for Him but instead writing.  


There is nothing more personal than writing and putting yourself out there.  People will rip you apart and not think twice about doing so.  In order to write you have to have confidence enough in yourself and what you believe to put it all out there.  God had to prepare me for that and I had to work through a lot of issues to reach a place where I could write in a transparent way.  It has been a journey and I have learned much along the way. I sure hope this passion I have for writing never fades away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews