Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mom, can we talk...

So tonight as I was folding laundry, my nine year old whispered in my ear, "mom can we have a girl talk?" Of course we could and we did.  


I am often surprised by my kids.  They each have come to me at one time or another with important questions.  Questions that have opened up doors for serious conversations on topics that need to be addressed.  I am not sure why but I always feel honored.  Maybe they trust me.  They know that they can tell me anything, whether good or bad, and I will sit and listen, loving them regardless.


I'm learning that as a mom, dialogue with my kids is important.  If I want them to talk to me, I have to be open to listen whenever they need me.  House work, phone calls, writing and people in general have to come second when they say "mom, can we talk?"


BTW, she wanted to talk about boys.  Made me smile that she wanted to share her secret with me.  Being a mom is AMAZING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews