Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Relaxing...


When I was a kid, I would have never thought that visiting bookstores would be something that I would enjoy as an adult.  I have always loved to read but would have never thought that spending time in a bookstore would be relaxing.

I love going to Barnes and Noble because the three year old can be entertained while I browse the shelves.  I love sitting in a chair with a book and being greeted by the wonderful smell that lingers from the pages.  Sometimes I am able to sit and finish a book.  

One of my favorite things is visiting used bookstores.  I have discovered one particularly quaint place that I fell in love with the moment I walked through the doors.  The shelves are full of books.  There are books everywhere.  Even the counter is stacked with books.  I am not a coffee drinker but love the smell, especially when I am reading.  This small store has coffee constantly brewing so I am able to curl up in one of their comfy chairs, enjoy a book while taking in the fragrant smells that surround me.  It almost becomes sensory overload but I love it.  The three year old isn’t as entertained but she is developing a love for books like her mommy and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews