Friday, April 15, 2011

A Jesus moment...

Divine appointments are happening everywhere. Each day I wake up, God places someone or puts something in my path to remind me that He is there for me.  


There have been many over the past few weeks but today was especially fantastic and much needed.


For months my car has needed new tires.  After visiting a tire place last December I was told that it would be about $500 to replace all four.  I laughed.  It's all I could do at the time.  With Christmas quickly approaching I knew there would not be a penny to spare.  I waited.


As the months have passed, I have gone back and forth at different times wondering if I should use bill money or grocery money to just go ahead and replace at least two.  Again I waited.


I am not a mechanic but even I could tell my tires were in bad shape and it made me nervous but I was holding out and trusting God.  I waited.


This week I received an assignment to visit a tire store and evaluate their customer service.  Easy enough.  I took it.  As I dropped my three year old off at school this morning, the low tire pressure light came on in my car. The timing was perfect.  I had a legit reason to visit the store. 


I made my visit to the store which was busy so I waited my turn.  An associate approached and asked how he could help. what I explained my tire pressure light was on and wondered if could be checked.   He said of  course and headed out to look at my tires.  Then came the bad news.  My tires were in horrible shape.  (this I knew but I just didn't want to hear again)  He began to look up the price of each tire.  Again it was over a hundred a tire.  I knew it wouldn't be happening today.


I told him I was a single mom with five kids and just could not afford to get them right then.  He looked concerned.  I felt broken-down.  He asked if I would be interested in him checking to see if they had any used tires.  Of course my answer was yes. After checking several stores, he could only find one.  I was frustrated.  


Next came the question of what did I actually have to spend on tires? This is where I felt stupid.  I knew in my head what I had but knew it wouldn't even cover one tire.  I didn't even want to verbalize it out loud but I did. He said ok and went  to see what he could do to help me.   I waited for his return ready for disappointment.


A few minutes later he came back and said that he would give me two brand new tires for the price of one.  What??  I will admit that I was taken back.  Over the past two years, I have not had many "people being Jesus to me" moments.  I have a hard time recognizing them when they come so I was stunned.  I still had an issue.  I had the money but had no way to access it at the moment.  I told him I would be back.


One of the other miracle moments that occured earlier in the week had left me with some money that I did not have access to quite yet.  I went on faith that, though it would be too soon for it to be in the mailbox, it would be there today. And guess what??  It was.  I was so excited!!  


I took my money and made my way back to the store.  Within twenty minutes, I had two brand new tires on my car.  As I left they told me to return when I was ready to get the other two and they would work with me again.  What an incredible blessing!  How can anyone deny God's hand over my day?  


God is so faithful to provide.  He is always here reminding me that He WILL take care of my every need as long as I trust Him and have faith that He will do what He says He will do. 


"God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord."


1 Corinthians 1:9 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews