Monday, October 4, 2010

Social Network and the Secret Job

Recently my life has taken a turn in which I have had to find a way to earn a portion of that green material that cannot be found on any trees in the area in which I live. The particular job I have acquired happens to have some excellent benefits. Some of these benefits may in fact seem too good to be true.

Over the weekend, I had the privilege of seeing The Social Network, not once, not twice but three times at my local cinema. My day was spent watching the same movie, in the same theater just to do a head count. Sony paid me to count how many people attended their movie on opening weekend. Not only that, but reimbursed me for not only my ticket but anyone who went with me. As a mom of five, the budget is tight but thanks to my most recent endeavor, I am able to escape reality for a few hours on someone else’s dime. Hmm, maybe money does grow on trees?!

My assessment of the movie: exceptional. The casting and chemistry between the ensemble cast was captivating and I found myself mesmerized by the richly cultured dialogue that drew me deep into the story. There were moments of computer jargon that jumped leaps and bounds over my head but I found myself immersed even more into the story. Social Network exposes the edgy genius of determination with straightforward betrayal and the ruthless scheming of the take-over-the-world mentality of this generation’s cyberpreneurs.

In case you missed it, I would recommend this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews