Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Born to do what??

How do you know that you're born to do something?  How did I know as a young girl that I was born to be a mom?  I think that was instinct and something having to do with being the first born child.  How do I know I'm amazing at it?  Meet my kids!  They are amazing!  If you've been around them you know they love God, have caring hearts and outstanding personalities.  I've spent years teaching them and preparing for them for such a time as this and it is why I know, they are fine.

My kids are strong.  They know truth.  All truth.  They have a discernment that other kids might not always have.  It's not because they have some special gift but it's because I've taught them how to hear or feel the Holy Spirit in their lives.  Even the four year old knows when Jesus is talking to her or teaching her something new.  I know those things have come from my teaching and direction and because of that, I am confident of God's hand upon each of their lives and confident is my success as a mom.

With that being said, how do I know I was born to write.  It's much like how I know I was born to be a mom.  I love it.  I'm passionate about it. It consumes me. Just like I love every step of being pregnant and mom, I love every step of the writing process. I cannot go to sleep at night without spending some time with a pen and paper in my hand or in front of my laptop.  Writing has become an extension of me.  Those who know me best would agree that I express myself best through the written word. I love that I can inspire and encourage others with my words.  It's just like being a mom.  My kids learn and are encouraged by the things that I teach them.  They succeed because of my encouragement. It's like that with my writing. People read what I have to say and are encouraged and inspired.  That's an amazing feeling.

When I was younger, I didn't care much for writing.  I did dabble in writing fiction stories and even won a contest once but I was never passionate about it.  I didn't realize that I had a passion for writing until I figured out what it was that I was passionate about and then the writing began flowing out of me.

I love sharing Christ.  I love sharing my faith.  I love sharing my stories in hopes of helping or encouraging another in need of hope.  I know that God has given me this time of waiting in order to open my heart to great things.  He has something in store for me and is giving me amazing opportunities to help others.  If my situation was not what it is right now, I would not have this opportunity.  I am confident in His time, His plan and His purpose for my life.

In 2001 I wrote two books and a half of another.  Neither are anything that need to be published, worthy of being published or will ever be read by anyone other than those that I allowed to read them but I did it. I know it can be done.  Today I was contacted by a publishing company.  Nothing big,  Someone small who follows me on Twitter. They felt I had something that needed to be shared. Something simple that will allow me to share my stories with those out there who need encouragement and hope.  I'm capable of writing.  I love to write and I know that I have a story to tell about a God who is faithful, loving and full of grace.  God is good and when we wait on Him and follow Him in obedience, He opens doors and gives us great opportunities. Praise God for His unending goodness and faithfulness!!


1 comment:

  1. I have met you kids and they are awesome kids. They are no doubt a reflection of you because they have hearts like their momma. You are an amazing woman and God will use your children just as He is using your writing. Your willingness to obey God reflects in your living. You are an inspiration to many Nicole and I am so glad to have had the opportunity to meet you and the privilege to work with you.

    -T

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews