Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Next Three Days

Have you ever read the review of a movie you wanted to see and it was not a good one.  Because of the review you end up deciding not to go and see it?  I have a bad habit of listening to the opinion of others.  I've missed a lot of opportunities because of this weakness.

Two years ago a movie was released titled The Next Three Days.  When I saw the previews I knew it appeared to be something I would be interested in seeing.  Then I read the reviews.  No one seemed to be impressed by it and so I decided to save my dollars and wait for the Redbox.

Let me preface with saying that I LOVE movies.  I LOVE going to the movies.  The smells and sounds excite me.  Even more though, I LOVE seeing movies on the big screen verses my little screen at home which means when I've  missed seeing something because I've listened to the opinion of another, I am not very happy.

So last year sometime, when The Next Three Days was released at the Redbox, I snagged it.  I was not overly excited to see it due to the reviews I had read but eager to press play.  You would think this lesson would have been learned a long time ago as this has happened to me more than once, but the reviews were wrong and I LOVED it.  

Here recently it has been available on Netflix for instant watching.  I have probably already watched it ten times just this past week.  Understand though that I do not sit in front of the tv all day.  Even at this very moment as I'm typing this post in my small office, it is playing in the other room.  For some reason, it offers me some sort of hope. In a way, it is a reflection of my past few years.

If you haven't seen it, watch it.  You'll probably understand exactly what I'm talking about once the movie is over.  If you have never been in a situation where all the evidence stacked against you seems true, you may miss my point.  If you have experienced this sort of thing, watch it.  See if it doesn't make you stop, think and give you a little hope.  If you are someone who has pointed a finger against someone for what appeared to you to be truth, I suggest you watch this movie and understand that things are not always as they appear to be.

This movie ends without the truth being revealed to the characters in the movie but the one being accused is "set free."  I believe that God will "set us free" when falsely accused and He will make things right for us in His time but I also believe that those who did not seek out truth, will be left to their consequences as well.  God is fair and just.  He does make all things new for those who seek Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews