Monday, January 9, 2012

In my own little corner....

It's perfect.  That was my reaction the day I  viewed the home where the kids and I live.  It was perfect!  For starters, the outside is red.  I love red.  And it's not like lipstick red, but a brick red.  The perfect shade.  It's also a town home and we're the end unit.  Because we're the end unit, we have a side entrance which I LOVE. Our sidewalk is lined with rose bushes making it magical and whimsical for me. I also love cozy!  This home is not too small and it's not too big but it's just right.

Once inside there were several things that confirmed to me that this was the perfect home for us.  Now they may sound silly to you but to me they meant perfection.

For starters, I love Tuscan anything.  I tend to buy decor for my home that has a Tuscan feel. Something about this house had it.  The kitchen was my dream.  It's a small kitchen but it's the right size for me and it's designed as a kitchen should be designed which makes cooking a cinch.  It has gorgeous cabinets and hardware.  Exactly MY taste.  The appliances are black which I LOVE.  They show lots of little fingers prints but I don't care.  The counter top are not granite but have the look of granite.  The color is a mixture of dark and light browns and black.  Behind the stove the wall is covered in copper tiles.  I'm telling you, it is perfect!! I knew when I saw the kitchen, I had to have the house.




After seeing the kitchen (which is typically the first thing I look at in a home) I turned around and noticed a wall paper border around the family room.  As I looked closer, I couldn't believe it.  It almost matched a clock I have that pictures the Eiffel Tower.  I got chills. The light fixture hanging in the dinning area was totally me. Loved it!












As I walked through the first floor I was happy to discover that my bedroom would be...on the first floor.  Not only that but I would have my own bathroom again as well as not one but count them, two closets.  This made me instantly excited because I saw great potential for the walk in closet in my room.  Since it's only me and I don't have a lot of clothes, I decided to use the small closet for my stuff and turn the walk in closet into my "office." It is the perfect office.  It provides me with a quiet place to write which I love.  There's heat and air conditioning as well as a window and it's my own little corner of space.  I'm brought to tears just writing about it.  FOR REAL!






One other thing that may sound silly to some but totally excited me was my bathroom.  I have always, ALWAYS wanted one of those cabinets that goes over the toilet.  It was always a want and never really a need.  It was just not something I could afford.  Guess what?? My bathroom as one of those cabinets. It's perfect!!  

I LOVE my home!  I am beyond thankful for the amazing couple who chose us to live in their home.  After a year of being turned down by every place I applied to because of my poor credit, this couple took a chance.  They took a chance on me and have given me an incredibly blessing.  Not only that but they have extended their generosity to us on more than one occasion in order to help us through our tough time.  It is more and more evident every day that God chose this home for us and I am beyond grateful.

1 comment:

  1. YOu look @ a walk in closet & think office, I look @ 1 and think excuse to buy more clothes-because of course I have to fill it up. ;) So glad you love your house, sounds perfect and looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews