Thursday, January 13, 2011

Anonymous

I had an interesting comment left for me by someone two days ago on my Zephaniah blog. I always love anonymous comments. Those comments are the ones left by people who are looking to take a jab in order to make a point but also too scared to stand behind what they believe.

This comment left me to research online why people hide behind anonymity. It is quite interesting that we tend to use a fake name or anonymous when we want to lash out at someone or make a loud statement without having to face the crowd. Many articles call those kinds of people cowards. I tend to agree.

Everyday bloggers around the world put their thoughts out there for "the world" to see. We air our opinions, life stories or share our heart only to be slammed by those who cannot even be honest in who they truly are. Why is that?

Some articles claim that it comes from jealousy. Those who use anonymity are jealous of those who are not afraid to be transparent because those that use anonymous want to be transparent. Other articles claim that it comes from people who are just plain mean. Still yet, other articles suggested that people comment using their real name and then use anonymous in order to play devil's advocate just to stir up a debate.

I do not know the reasons of those that choose to comment on my blog with anonymous and truly, I do not care. I just know that I am proud of myself for being able to speak up and for not being afraid to share my opinion. That in itself is a huge accomplishment for me. My first year of blogging I spent so much time worrying about those anonymous comments and constant slams, pretty much taking it all to heart. The past two years have made me tough and now, I read those comments with a smile and can accept that not everyone likes me or will agree with my opinion. I have grown through my writing and God has taught me many things about myself as well as others through it all. Because of those things, I will continue to write and read the blogs of others out there like me.


 

1 comment:

Total Pageviews