Thursday, January 20, 2011

Oh the Cleverness of…

There is nothing like having a three year old around the house, especially when they are the youngest of five. Her oldest sibling is almost 13, which means she hears all kinds of things and then repeats it all. What I find comical is how she repeats those phrases, and is able to use them in the correct context. Sometimes it blows my mind but it ALWAYS makes me laugh.

A few weeks ago, we were heading out for the day to run errands. All the kids were getting into the car but two were fighting over who would be sitting in the very back. I had had enough of the arguing and told one of them to move to the back. This particular child began arguing with me, which led me to inform him that if he did not move, he was grounded. Out of the chaos I hear, "Oh Snap! Brett is going to get his butt spanked." With that, laughter exploded within the car.

Back around Christmas, the girls were helping me make Christmas cookies. My oldest daughter was talking to the youngest about which cookies should be left for Santa. The three year old chimed in stating that she did not want to leave cookies for Santa. She said that if he came he might eat her instead.

The three year old is afraid of things that make loud noises. Whenever I pull out the vacuum cleaner, she immediately runs around picking up any of her toys off the floor and yells, "Mommy, this is not a good idea." Cracks me up every time.

Yesterday we were doing shops. She had been talking my ear off all afternoon. I had reached my breaking point. As we were walking out the door of the last shop, I couldn't take anymore and said "OMG". She quickly replied "Oh my Gabby. Cause Gabby starts with G." Suddenly the stress was gone and I was laughing yet again.

When we go to do shops, most places have what she calls a "baby buggy". She typically grabs her buggy and pulls out her map (a piece of paper with her drawings on it). I am then told to follow her because she is the leader. If I happen to get ahead of her, she stomps her foot and says, "Mommy, I am the leader. Follow me. I have the map." It usually gets the attention of other customers in the store and they find it quite funny as well.

Never a dull moment with a three year old who LOVES to talk. More to come….


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews