Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Stalker???

I am pretty certain I have a stalker. That would be a cyber-stalker. With today's technology, it makes stalking SO much easier. People can keep up with what you do through Facebook and blogs. They can keep up with your every day life and you are totally clueless. It is kind of creepy when you think about it.

Thankfully, when you are a blog writer, you have a way to track those that visit your blog. It doesn't give names but it does give helpful information that should something happen to the writer of the blog, the culprit can be tracked down.

Yes I am being a bit dramatic but we live in a scary world and I no longer put anything past anybody after what I have been through.

That being said, what motivates someone to keep tabs on someone using the internet? What obsession becomes the driving force behind a constant need to know what someone is doing or thinking?

I found several theories on the web.

Research suggests jealousy. Why must things always come back to that word? Why can we not be happy with who God created us to be but instead of comparing ourselves to someone else? When we are jealous of someone, why make that jealousy worse by torturing ourselves through their FB pages and all the friends they have that we don't. Why torment yourself that way?

Research also suggests the need for validation. We are dealing with something and need our feelings to be validated. We turn to other's FB pages or blogs to prove that all is not right in the world.

Research suggest fantasy. We feel something for someone that we feel is out of our league so we live vicariously through the FB pages or blogs. (This one creeps me out just a little)

I don't know what the reason is behind the person who spends the majority of their day checking my blogs but I know you're out there. Hope your reasons are healthy ones :-)



1 comment:

  1. Girl you make me laugh. I am amazed at your strength through such a trying time. It's awesome to see your fun side come out in this blog. Keep writing! It's therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews