Wednesday, November 3, 2010

How Can I Keep From Singing??

I am exhausted but can’t sleep. All I want to do is write. I want to share my heart. I want to share what God is doing because I cannot contain it any longer. When you experience Him, it’s all you can do to keep from shouting His praises from your rooftop. I experienced Him tonight in such an amazing way and I was able to do this with my kids by my side.

I just recently walked in the door from a service at my church. It was a special service of worship, communion and baptism and I watched as my children entered frustrated that they had to go to church on a Wednesday and left being touched by the presence of God. It is not often you are able to experience those moments but when they come, WOW!! The service ended with everyone singing Glory to God including my three year old. I was holding her and worshiping myself and she sang away in my ear “Glory to God, Glory to God, Glory to God, Forever” as loud as her little lungs would let her. My twelve year old, who likes to play the cool kid, has recently let his guard down in church and started clapping and singing. Tonight, he sang as I have never heard him sing before and it brought me to tears. The most amazing part though, was my ten year old choosing not to participate in communion. Now, this might sound odd but he went in with a bad attitude and recognized that he should not take communion because of his attitude. I am so proud of my kids.

I am at a place in my life that I never in a million years thought I would ever have found myself but tonight God really taught me something about myself and about Him. Through all of the heartache, disappointment, pain and tears of the past year, He made it clear that He is not done with me yet. I have five amazing kids and He chose me to be their mother and to teach them about who He is. That is MY job. He created me for this very purpose and tonight He confirmed that very message through my children. I already know that my purpose is to bring Him honor and glory and though I feel like I fail Him so many times, tonight He reminded me that it is right now that matters. From this moment on, I choose to live for His glory and to raise my kids with the same purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews