Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful

This week is the week of Thanksgiving and I have to say that for the first time in a very long time, I am looking forward to Thanksgiving. Though this past year has been hard, I have MUCH more to be thankful for than ever before. I have learned what true family and friendship looks like as well as God’s faithfulness and provision in my life. I have been blessed beyond measure this past year and have seen God work in my life as well as my kids in a way that some never will. I am truly blessed and truly thankful that I have learned to praise Him even in the storm.

I am thankful for God’s unconditional love. A love that covers me and brings me a peace when I feel like there is no hope. I am thankful for His unending mercy that is new every morning and puts a song in my heart. For His grace, like rain that pours over me and makes me clean again.

I am thankful for an amazing family. I am thankful for my five amazing kids that have taught me about love and how to be the mom that they need. I am thankful for a mom and dad, who are honest and walk with integrity. They show love to those whom I feel may not deserve it yet still stand for what is true. I am thankful for a brother and sister, who though may not always be able to be around, make sure I know that they are there for me and love me. I am especially thankful for being blessed with an amazing sister-in-law who loves my kids as if they were her own and loves me as if I were her sister.

I am thankful for my friends. I would have used to count it unfortunate only to have a few friends but over the past year, I have learned that a few are better than many. I am thankful for friends who have walked hand in hand with me and supported me every step of the way.

I am thankful for my new church. A church that my kids love and look forward to going to each week they are with me. I am thankful for a church where people are real and I am being taught truth.

I am thankful for a new start. God makes all things new and He has taught me this lesson in many ways this year and shown me how He can take all of the tiny broken pieces of my life and turn them into something beautiful.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews