Thursday, March 10, 2011

Divine Appointment

I hung out with a friend last night. A friend that I have not seen in almost a year and because of recent circumstances, I was hesitant to do so but God had something different in mind. For months, He had put this person on my heart. I could not let go of her. I could not get her out of my mind. I would dream about her or see something and it would remind me of her. I even began twirling my hair (which is something that I have NEVER done) just like she does. It was weird.

Truthfully, it was not weird, it was God and I recognize that. How many times in our lives has God placed someone on our heart and we might say a quick prayer and move on or do nothing at all? I know I have been guilty of that very thing more than once in my life. Not this time. I began sending messages. I made it clear that I would not give up on her as others had given up on me. I would choose to be obedient, choosing to love and forgive her.

I woke up yesterday with all of the symptoms of the flu. My body was aching, my head hurting and I felt like death. I will admit that meeting her was not on the forefront of my mind when I woke up but half way through the day, it hit me. I felt like I was dying. I did NOT want to leave the house. I wanted to stay in my bed and sleep. I then felt that oh so gentle tugging in my heart. I knew God wanted me to go. I knew I had to go. I went.

Thank you God for your amazing love and forgiveness. Thank you for the gift of Your Spirit that allows us to love and forgive as You have loved and forgiven. Open wounds are now beginning to heal. What does God have for me next?

“Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

1 Peter 4:8

“Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Luke 6:37

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews