Thursday, March 10, 2011

Magical Sleigh Beds

As a little girl, I always wanted a sleigh bed. For me, there was something magical about it. Anything that reminded me of the tall pine trees in the back yard in winter covered with snow was magical.

Whenever I saw a sleigh bed, images of a simpler time would flash through my mind. Images straight from a Jane Austin novel. The idea of being bundled up in a scarf and a muff, riding in a big sleigh pulled by horses through the snow-laden land was ideal to me.

Little girls and their vivid imaginations. We can turn anything in our minds into something magical that will sweep us away to some other time or place. Wonder if one of those sleigh beds would have that affect on me today? Might be worth looking into.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews