Sunday, June 5, 2011

Can’t buy me love…

The journey continues. Friday came and went. I was promised a check. The promise was broken. This is nothing new. In the past, I panicked. How would my oldest and I get through the weekend? Guess what? God is good! No, He is AMAZING!

Money was tight but God provided. I had promised to take my oldest to a movie this weekend. I have been promising him for a while but it just never works out because the funds are just not there. He's a pretty amazing kid though and never complains. He doesn't blame me but instead gets inventive. Instead of the movies, we spent hours playing games. We began with Speed Scrabble. This is a family favorite thanks to our dear friend Aaron. (I love that the kids enjoy playing it because it helps with spelling and vocabulary.) He beat me by quite a bit but we laughed, listened to music and ate chocolate. After Scrabble, we pulled out Monopoly. As anyone who has played this game knows, it can go on for hours and it did. Half-way through the game, we took a break and visited the local Krispy Kreme, grabbing some doughnuts. Those doughnuts supplied me with the extra burst of energy this mom needed in order almost to finish the game. It was a close game but in the end, he beat me yet again.

Now for those who have been following this small experiment, you know that the other day I wrote about God convicting me about money spending. Well guess what the pastor preached on this morning? Being wise stewards with our money. I LOVE days like today. Those moments when all the pieces come together and you hear God loud and clear.

Since the start of my new lifestyle, I could not understand why I was so happy. I no longer had a huge house or a fancy sports car. I could no longer go shopping anytime I pleased or purchase designer clothing. It didn't add up. For so long I had thought things were what brought me happiness. That is the most exciting thing I am learning. I do NOT need stuff to make me happy. God has given me everything I need. All five of my amazing kids. A sweet home that I LOVE. A car that is perfect for me. A job that allows me to shop for money.

Though I do not always know when the next check will come or how I will pay a bill, I do not worry. I am content with all that I have and thankful beyond measure for God's provision. This experiment is working wonders on my spirit. To see God blessing and moving in my life is what I needed to move forward and stand strong. I have no need to fear because I have the perfect love of the Perfect One with me always.

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

1 John 4:18

1 comment:

  1. This is just cool! Thanks for sharing what God is doing. You have inspired me to do the same.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews