Friday, June 3, 2011

Have I taught you nothing?


"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?

Matthew 6:25-27


 

Another day of surprises. I was given another day of staying home which again, is a HUGE blessing. I was able to catch up on laundry and clean. This always makes going into the weekend so much brighter.



As the day wore on, I did find myself a bit worried. I had food but my car needed gas. Oh the joys and responsibilities of being an adult means we are always needing something. I didn't stress out about not having gas but I did worry about how I would get the kids to school in the morning. Sure enough after the previous days and God's provision, I worried.



That afternoon before I left to get the kids from school, I received my mail. Guess what was in the mail. A check! Money to pay for gas. I'm sure God looks down on me and says "silly girl. Have I taught you nothing?"



So, I can be slow. I believe He will provide but my lack of faith sometimes says something different. My new plan, to read my own writing from this experiment each time I find myself worried about something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews