Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Surprise ME!

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Psalm 23:6

"By George, I think she's got it!" This can finally be said of me. It has been two years in the making. Two years of growing, of searching, of trusting and it is finally here. The fog-covered glasses have been removed and I can see. Because I can see, the fear is gone. Because I can see, I am at peace. I finally understand that no matter what happens over the next few months, GOD IS GOOD!

I have spent time doubting my faith and not trusting God. I listened to others and allowed them to challenge what I clearly heard God telling me to do. Finally, it sunk in and I am recognizing that I have to stop doubting. Even when God clearly moved in my life, I doubted.

I can clearly look back on the past two years and see God's hand at work in my life. He has protected, blessed and provided and I truly wish I had recorded every moment of it. There are bits and pieces that I can specifically look back on and with great assurance know it was Him and only His presence that got me to where I am now.

So here we go. Here is my plan. God has sent me many surprises over the past two years and now it is time to begin recording them. For the next, let's say thirty days, I am going to say, "Surprise me God!" I am going to accept every blessing, every person, and every phone call, and so on in faith. I am going to look at life as a blessing from God and look for moments of encouragement, discipline, love, kindness, provision and hope through the people and events around me. I want to be a living testimony to God's faithfulness and share every moment, every blessing with those who follow this blog and those that have walked hand in hand with me over the past two years.

There are those who questioned my faith. Those who said I did not have enough faith but then there are those who have walked hand in hand with me and seen my faith grow. For those, I am thankful beyond words and if it were not for your encouragement and love, I would have lost my faith.

My life has changed. My faith has changed. Bad things happened but God is good and He IS beginning a new work within me. It is not only changing my life but it is changing the lives of those around me as well.

I would LOVE it if you have some surprises from God you want to share. We all should be a living testimony to His faithfulness!

"It is good to praise the LORD and make music to your name, O Most High, to proclaim your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night"

Psalm 92:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews