Thursday, June 30, 2011

Let God be God!

God is good. We needed food. Our pantry was not empty but it was not full either. We had the necessities. Bread, cheese, peanut butter, jelly, cereal, pop-tarts, pasta, sauce and stuff like that. We have been eating a lot of sandwiches and pasta. My kids are pretty awesome. Whatever we have, they eat without complaining.

Tonight I took them to the pool. After a day of cleaning and doing laundry, I needed a break. As I sat at the pool, I was trying to come up with clever ways to make a grilled cheese sandwich. My plan was to come home, put the youngest in the tub and throw together some sandwiches.

While little stuff was in the tub, there was a knock at the door. The kids yelled at me to come to the door. What did I find? My next-door neighbor with four bags of groceries. I fell apart. How in the world did she know?

My neighbor speaks very little English. Typically, when we talk her twelve year old son has to translate much of the conversation for us. She has no clue as to my situation other then I am a single mom with five kids. It’s as if she knew. She put her arms around me and said in her best English possible, “it is my pleasure to help you. Anything you need, you come and knock”. I was overwhelmed and in that moment knew that God was standing at my front door as well.

Don’t tell me that God does not provide. Do not tell me that God does not bless. Each day He teaches me to trust Him more. He WILL provide my every need!

What an amazing moment for my kids. They are seeing God work through those around us even when life may be turned upside down. My seven year old said tonight, “Mommy this has never happened to us before. We have never had people help us like this before”. Someone sent me an email that pretty much said my kids lives would suck. Well guess what? God is good! He will use every circumstance whether good or bad, for His glory, His good and His purpose when choose obedience and follow Him. My kids will learn more through this time in their lives than most kids who will have lives that don't suck.

Life is what you make it. You can choose to let the bad over take you or you can choose to allow God to work. My kids are seeing amazing things and will grow up knowing that their Daddy (Heavenly Daddy) will never let them down nor will He ever let them go hungry.

1 comment:

  1. I have chills reading this, I am still ready for our night out or for me to hangout with the fam, let me know! So awesome to see how God is working in your family! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews